Strategic Global Prayer Bullets
© August 2005 by Asher Intrater
1. Islam's Three Targets - We could do well to learn from the three key targets of militant Islam: the first is Israel, the second is America, and the third is the evangelists sharing the gospel in Asia. Along with America, we need to understand that Islam wants the collapse of all "Western" society, but the point is still the same. Let's look in reverse: If we are to see God's plan succeed, we should understand God's divine connection between Israel, the USA, and World Evangelism. I recently heard an Asian evangelist complain about America and Israel, and I asked him to look at himself as part of the common target of terrorism that is coming against the other two. For all its faults, Israel is still the home for the Second Coming of Yeshua and the seat of His millennial government. America, for all its faults, is still the strongest country in the world with a viable evangelical community, and still gives more to missions and to Israel than any other nation. World Evangelism, of course, is the great mandate that Yeshua has given us to bring His kingdom of love to the world.
2. Britain's Hour of Decision - In the same thought, the people of England are now dealing with their reactions to terror. They will either decide to fight or to cave in. I pray that they would decide to fight. If they do, it could open the door to a new spread of the gospel there.
3. Lebanon's Opportunity - I don't think world prayer warriors have yet grasped the significance of what happened in Lebanon this year. There is a huge spiritual battle for the country. The militant Muslims influenced by Syria were defeated in the last election by the nominal "Christian" party (Greek Orthodox) led by the Harari family. This could be the first opening in our generation for a breakthrough of the gospel in an Arab nation. Let's pray for a forest fire of revival to break out there. Pray for the new government to stabilize the country and for freedom of religious expression to prevail. Remember "S," head of the largest Spirit-filled church in Beirut, and all those who are laboring in evangelism there.
4. Ukraine's Opportunity - Likewise we need to see the victory over powers and principalities that was won this year in Ukraine when Victor Yvchenko became the head of the government. The opposition satanically gave him a huge dose of lethal poison, yet he miraculously survived. (We still need to pray for his healing to be complete, as he is reportedly still weak.) This man is also open to freedom of religious expression. The gospel has already grown to a large extent in Ukraine during the past fifteen years, but this is another open door for new growth.
5. Central Asia - Please continue to pray for multiplication from our evangelism conference in Kazakhstan this month. This is the historic timing for a wave of revival to spread across the non-Arabic nations that stand on the periphery of the Muslim block. (This includes central Africa as well.) Literally millions are coming to the Lord in these Asian third-world nations. The gospel workers are young, indigenous, non-white, with a vision for apostolic multiplication. Let's keep backing them in prayer (and of course wherever we can get money to them, let's give as well).
6. Messianic Jewish Youth - As I traveled across the U.S. these past 2 1/2 weeks, I was blessed to see the new generation of Messianic Jews (mostly in their early 20's) who are alive with the Spirit of God, on fire for evangelism, and have a heart for immigration to Israel . It seems that a new generation is arising that will spiritually "take the land". Hallelujah. Let's pray for them to be discipled and released into ministry and leadership. Despite all our mistakes as the "fathers" of the Messianic movement, the grace of God is allowing these young people to ignore our faults and "go after" the Lord. (I suppose the Lord is more faithful to His and our covenants than we are. PTL)
7. The Disengagement - Well, the time has finally come. As if it weren't obvious enough, the weather in Israel has been blistering hot these last two weeks. Tomorrow, Sunday, August 14, is the traditional Jewish day of fasting for mourning over national disasters in our history. The day following, Monday, August 15, the disengagement starts. Let us join in this Sunday with a day of fasting and intercession for God's will to be done in the Middle East at this crucial turning point.
Back to Articles 2005
Please PRAY for our ongoing ministry in Israel of indigenous evangelism, planting Messianic congregations, the discipleship training center, prophetic praise and prayer watches in Hebrew, and financial aid for the needy.